Microsemi Corporation Principal Field Application Engineer in Austin, Texas
Applies design concepts from the company's portfolio of products to meet customer needs in a cost effective manner. Assists sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and technologies to meet customer needs as well as applying system expertise with product implementation. Works closely with the business units to resolve customers' technical problems. Provides customer training and support with technical information for specific applications.
Duties And Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Perform pre-sales development and consulting work with a pre-sales focus (product overviews, roadmap reviews, demos, benchmarking, high-level customer design assistance, initial environment set-up, high level HW and software design etc.).
- Deliver technical solution presentations to customers and large audiences.
- Has an expert knowledge on how to develop and drive technical solutions and recommendations to Tier 1 OEM customers, specifically Dell Technologies
- Engage with our customer's high level system architects, and key decision makers, to understand their system applications, influence their design choices, provide creative solutions to their problems, and ensure that they are architected with, and around, Microsemi products
Extensive experience in the Enterprise markets, specifically Server, Storage, Networking, Hardware and Software.
In depth knowledge of the Enterprise vertical markets, market trends, customer pain points which drive product definition and feature/functionality requirements. * Acts as a 'trusted advisor' to the customer. Utilize product knowledge and expertise to provide informed opinions and options for the customer to consider * Delivers complex technical solution presentations to clients, such as Dell, while providing Microsemi's Value Proposition. * Analyze customer product design and specification requirements, be able to define, develop and implement feasibility and scoping of solution for customer requirements * Have strong presentation, and communication, skills to present the capabilities of Microsemi's product portfolio, and perform demonstrations of feasibility studies, and proofs of concept, in customer meetings and seminars. * Product testing and onsite debugging of issues as necessary. * Manage partner specific projects with engineering -- ensure alignment between customer and internal teams * Be able to utilize in depth technical knowledge to drive informed discussions with customer technical teams * Be seen as the voice of the customer within the business unit * Act as a liaison between customer and corporate engineering communities. * Work with BU's to align Microsemi's roadmap is aligned with our customers' long-term requirements by being an internal advocate for their product and support needs * Develop, and maintain a technical knowledge base of competitive intelligence where applicable * Support customers during all product phases: component selection, design, debug, production and feedback collection * Build and scale relationships internally and with the customer. This includes customer CTO, Advanced Engineering, HW and SW engineering and architecture groups. * Drive BU and customer strategic technology and roadmap engagements where necessary * Own and drive technical leadership Executive meetings with the customer and internal mana
- Bachelor's Degree -- Electrical or Computer Engineering with 10 years of experience
- Enterprise Server Storage technical expertise
- Requires a thorough knowledge of one or more product lines and or specialized field.
- Previous experience providing customer-facing technical support to large accoutns such as Dell
- Previous experience in characterizing, designing and debugging of components and/or systems
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills, with ability to work in a matrixed team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills required - this will include experience in the design and delivery of effective sales training and customer product presentations.
- Position requires travel to customer sites, must have a valid license and clean driving record
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled