Microsemi Corporation Maintenance Mechanic in Bend, Oregon
Microsemi Corporation (MSCC) offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for communications, defense & security, aerospace and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world's standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services. Microsemi is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, Calif., and has approximately 3,600 employees globally.
Microsemi's Discrete Products Group (DPG) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DPG encompasses two business units, the Power Discrete & Modules BU and the RF/Microwave Discretes BU. Markets the PDM & RF/MW Discretes BUs address include: alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors, and security.
Primary Job Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Must be proficient in building automation systems and all aspects of programming, PLC control, PI loops, etc.
- Perform repair and maintenance of HVAC systems for clean room and office areas including:
- Maintain production area temperature & humidity control
- Maintain production area pressure & airflow balancing
- Minimize all particle levels within the production areas
- Install, maintain and repair building and process-related plumbing and piping systems such as CDA and process cooling water.
- Must be comfortable working around hazardous chemicals and adhering to established safety practices
- Must be able to respond to after-hours emergency calls
- Serve as an Emergency Response Team member
- Manage administrative work related to facility maintenance
- Must be able to order materials through purchase requisition system
- Coordinate with contractors
- Plan and track project spending
- Assist with all aspects of building maintenance
- Must be familiar with toxic gas detection systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- Must be able to routinely life 35lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to pass a Forklift Training Program and safely operator a forklift
- Must be able to occasionally wear a respirator
US Citizenship/Permanent US Residency requirements as outlined below:
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
Microsemi is an EEO/AAP employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or status as a disabled veteran.
Microsemi offers market-based salaries and competitive packages, including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision and Education Reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled