Microsemi Corporation SD&A Product Engineer in Beverly, Massachusetts
Microsemi Frequency & Time Division (FTD) provides world-class timing solutions and sets the world's standard for time. FTD generates, distributes and applies precise time for telecom, wireless, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure and metrology industries. FTD's customers from telecom service providers and network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable networks and systems by using the company's advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions.
Microsemi FTD located in Beverly, MA is considering candidates for a self-motivated, intensely customer focused SDA Product Engineer to work with our team. This position will be primarily responsible for providing on-going technical and test support for the SDA(Space Defense and Avionics) product lines. The candidate will possess excellent hands-on, product level technical/engineering skills.
Under the direction of the Product Engineering Manager, the SDA Product Engineer will:
- Provide technical support of released SDA products through their lifecycle
- Validate and sign-off test data sheets as required.
- Take ownership of escalated customer issues
- Lead failure analysis of production issues and customer returns to identify root cause and establish corrective actions
- Maintain the various Automated Test Equipment systems assuring uninterrupted product flow
- Assure that all the pertinent assembly/test product documentation is accurate
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts of product and process including yield and quality reporting
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years Manufacturing/Test experience
- Working knowledge of PLL and RF circuitry being able to troubleshoot to the component level
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in diverse product engineering teams
- Flexible and willing to take on whatever tasks are required
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and quality assurance principles
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- OCXO and Timing experience
- Hi-Reliability working environment experience; medical, defense, aerospace
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of quality systems and ISO 9001
- Experience with use of Oracle and Agile
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. The job requires sitting in front of an LCD monitor for periods of time viewing detailed graphics with multiple colors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Microsemi - FTD targets candidates who value teamwork, have effective interpersonal skills and to respect technical leadership and structured processes to build world-class products.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled