Microsemi Corporation Senior Software Systems Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Microsemi Corp (NASDAQ: MSCC), Frequency and Timing Division is a world leader in
precise time solutions and sets the world's standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure, and metrology industries.
The Government Systems group within Microsemi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical direction for R&D programs in the field of timing and communications systems. Microsemi is expanding with new contracts in the areas of digital signal processing, satellite communications, airborne timing, and navigation systems.
The successful candidate must be able to lead and work independently within a Scrum team framework to achieve schedule objectives. A Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science is required and applicant must be confident in assuming responsibility for project success in a highly results driven environment. Applicant must be comfortable working across engineering disciplines in a team environment and have effective written, and oral communication skills.
Engineers who enjoy technical achievement, cooperative research, and market leading product development excel at Microsemi. The work environment is fast paced with tangible success criteria and performance driven rewards. Responsible to perform development activities including architecting systems, writing design documentation, coding, testing and prototyping. Candidates should be comfortable leading projects and mentoring less experienced engineers. They will need to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the department, Business Unit and the Company. Every member of our team directly contributes to the success of the group.
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in multi-threaded C++ applications and Python
- Experience leading, researching, designing, developing and testing complex embedded system applications
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of related experience
- US Citizenship
- Experience with Agile software development practices, software version control, coding standards and style guides
- Prefer mathematical background in statistics, time series analysis, filtering and outlier rejection.
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning to improve system performance and uptime
- UNIX systems familiarity including setup and installation, configuration, package management (RPM, YUM), scripting, and general programming (Linux, FreeBSD a plus)
- Ability to accommodate and adapt to new system requirements
- Ability to create software documentation and generate user guides
- Knowledge of common hardware peripherals along with expertise in the development of new UNIX device drivers
- Familiarity with precise timing applications and advanced algorithm development for Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) systems is a plus.
- Candidates with a current TS/SCI and/or DoD Top Secret clearance are strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled