Microsemi Corporation Mixed Signal Layout Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
This position is open to Burnaby BC, Calgary AB, Montreal QC.
The Mixed Signal Development Group is responsible for delivering analog and mixed-signal IP to divisions within Microsemi. We work with leading edge CMOS processes to produce analog integrated circuits for wireline and RF applications. From T1/E1 to 56Gb/s SERDES, we enable technology that allows Microsemi's products to interface to the outside world.
As a member of the Mixed-Signal Development Group, the candidate will be supervised by a team leader/manager, and be engaged in the layout of PLLs, high speed SERDES, integrated filters, ADCs, DACs, and other analog building blocks.
Fully qualified to execute job accountabilities.
- Executes CMOS mixed-signal layouts and floorplans
- Fosters teamwork and innovation by involving others in problem solving and decision-making
Plan, Create and maintain layout databases from cell to M/ABC level
Run verification sets, understand results and solve errors to comply with related design rules and general company standards
Solve layout and architecture problems.
- Provide training and support for less experienced designers in solving layout problems and CAD usage, as required.
- Work toward improving efficiency in layout design procedures and methodologies and communicate effectively with other team members
- Provide input to the CAD Specialist for CAD tool enhancement
- Participate in all related training courses provided by company
Experience with high-speed analog layouts and floorplans an asset
Bachelor's degree in EE
- 0-2+ years related experience
- Builds internal and external relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled