Microsemi Corporation Demand Planner in Ennis, Ireland
Microsemi is embarking on drive to standardise and improve demand planning across all divisions and sales territories. This will involve the building of a small team supporting the existing process while working to design and implement the new process and tools worldwide. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Demand Planner based in Ennis.
The primary responsibility of the Demand Planner is to support our manufacturing operations groups by providing regular output plans which support revenue and inventory goals. The Demand planner is the integration point between Sales and Marketing and the Operations groups and this is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic business planning processes to ensure execution of demand process.
- Provides visibility of forecasting and analytics across the business & identify major risks/opportunities.
- Forecast data from multiple sources including distribution forecasts, direct customers forecasts and Sales and Marketing inputs.
- Analyse and trend data to support the business- use this data to produce unconstrained demand plans for Operations.
- Produce short term and long term forecasts for operations groups on a monthly and quarterly basis. Review forecasts with Operations and make adjustments as necessary.
- Analyse distributor inventory and make proposals for stock replenishment. Communicate these plans with the Sales organisation and Operations Planning. Adjust the plan in line with supply availability
- Drives consensus on the long-term forecasts for the business and makes recommendations to the business unit and leadership team
- Partner with the Business Unit Marketing staff and Operations staff to review plans and make adjustments based on Marketing intelligence and supply availability.
- Construct and maintain dashboards and tracking reports to help with early identification of issues such as end market running outside of plan, bookings not supporting the amount of in quarter turns business required or manufacturing output not in line with quarterly revenue goals.
- Track business performance during the quarter and identify actions to correct any deviations from plan.
- Partner with IT groups to improve quality of incoming data and to improve automation of data into various analysis systems.
- Play a key role in the implementation of a new Demand Planning system which will be rolled out worldwide over the next 2 years.
- Be the super-user of the new chosen system and roll-out training to other users.
- Foster a spirit of continuous improvement -- keep a critical eye on processes and tools and drive improvements and fixes as required.
- Integrate new tasks and functions quickly as required -- flexibility is key to this position.
- business experience -- ideally in the semiconductor/component market (e.g. business operations, planning, procurement, tactical marketing, financial/business analysis, etc.).
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- proficient at stakeholder management across all levels of the organisation. Ability to accomplish results via cross-functional teams over which there is little or no direct organisation authority.
- analytical expert with financial acumen/experience; Sales knowledge highly desirable, with a strong understanding of planning/forecasting, and reporting.
- be able to demonstrate excellent critical-thinking and business acumen.
- have excellent numerical skills and possess a high degree of precision and accuracy.
- be extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, high-growth environment.
The following would be of advantage in this role:
- good knowledge of how distribution channels operate -- ideally in the semiconductor/component electronics market.
- a business professional qualification (BA/BS or equivalent).
- Experience using Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) and Business Intelligence (BI) systems.
- Lean / Continuous Improvement experience.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled