Microsemi Corporation Quality Control Inspector in Garden Grove, California
The Integrated Power Solution Group (IPS) is the power systems division of Microsemi Corporation and a leading designer, manufacturer marketer of high performance modules and systems in Power Management. Microsemi IPS takes the approach of providing complete sub-system level power solutions for our customers. Our primary market is in Space Systems and other high reliability mission critical applications. We see ourselves as partners to our customers and define and provide differentiated solutions that address system and sub-system level challenges. We place great emphasis on validated solutions that work right the first time.
We have a key opening at our Garden Grove, California facility for a Quality Assurance Inspector.
The role provides direct support of Power Supply Assembly and Relay Product lines. As such, the candidate must possess considerable experience in printed wiring / circuit board assemblies, magnetic assemblies and/or relay production to effectively work with our engineering team. The candidate we select will have diverse responsibilities that include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection tasks in accordance with Manufacturing Router / Traveler, engineering draw, Bill of Material (BOM), and process specifications.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections on printed wiring / circuit board (PCBA / PWBA) assemblies and magnetic assemblies to ensure workmanship which complies with appropriate requirement from engineering drawings, process specifications and J-STD-001 or other standards specified.
- Performs objective visual and functional inspection on all types and configurations of Relay assemblies to assure that mechanical requirements are to specifications.
- Inspect fabricated Relay parts and assemblies, check spot welding, staking, brazing, and punch operations to assure that mechanical parameters and workmanship comply with appropriate requirements from engineering drawing and process specifications
- .Represent the company by presenting hardware to customers and government representatives
- .May be required to perform source inspection of mechanical parts, assemblies and processes at vendor facilities. Stamp as approved or reject inspected items noting deviations from specifications
- Performs inspection on electrical or electronic components by using electrical meters or instruments to determine adherence to electrical specifications
- Uses precision measuring instruments to ensure that mechanical parameters are within specifications
- Verify completeness of documentation as required per work order traveler and internal procedures.
- Determines the method of inspection and type of set-up to check developmental first-run parts or assemblies with minimal supervision.
- May be required to verify assembly or test set-up and perform first-article inspections per requirements of work order traveler, engineering drawings and process procedures.
- Set-up sine plates, angle plates for optical comparators, and similar instruments to check parts or assemblies with compound angles, compound and reverse contours, and coordinate dimensions where inspection jigs and fixtures are not available.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate clearly with engineers and production or material control, or other QA personnel.
- Participates in preparation of data package and/or data entries as required.
- Assists and participates in failure investigations, root cause analysis and corrective action activities, metrics creation and quality improvement projects.
- Provides input and insight on quality for product or process improvement.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED equivalent; or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
- Minimum two (2) years direct working experience as a printed wiring board (circuit card) assembly (PCBA / PWBA) inspector is required. Prior working experience as Quality Inspector for military, aerospace or defense products is preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of direct working experience as a mechanical inspector is required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in performing first article inspection is required.
- Working experience with electronic assembly and familiar with J-STD-001 Class 3 & IPC-A-610 standard requirements. Current J-STD-001 training or certification holder is preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, diagrams, Bill of Materials (BOM), specifications, process procedures, and understand basic geometric dimension and tolerance.
- Must have direct hand-on experience in use inspection instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges, standard and special gauges, pull testers, microscopes and etc. Familiar and direct hand-on experience in use CMM for dimensional measurement is a big plus.
- Must have ability to pay attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and/or in constantly change dynamic working environment, ability to multi-tasking while effectively operating at a fast-pace and high-level of detail.
- This job requires a highly organized and detailed oriented person who can manage high volumes of paperwork in a fast pace environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must have the ability to work with people at various levels, including operators, inspectors, manufacturing supervisor, quality & manufacturing engineers, customer and government representatives.
- Must be a fast learner and be a team player. Be adaptable, dependable and reliable.
- Must have ability to work with computer MS Office software such as Outlook, Excel, and Word for data collection and data entry. Familiarity with Internet usage is required.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours is required (i.e. overtime, irregular schedule or working on the weekend when required).
- Must be willing to travel, although travel is rare (Less than 1%).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, and accurately identify objects using a microscope.
- This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled