Microsemi Corporation Assembler - Marking in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Microsemi's Discrete and Integrated Solutions Group (DISG) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DISG encompasses two business units, the Power Discrete & Modules BU and the RF/Microwave Discretes BU. Markets that the PDM & RF/MW Discretes BU's address include: alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors and security. Microsemi is planning to fill the following position with a talented, creative and motivated individual. A generous package is offered to all regular full time employees.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for marking on extremely small packages, metal product devices with the use of tweezer to load the units onto the fixtures.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Operate manual machines: Ensure the proper marking stamp to be used as specified on the work instruction Traveler. After type or stamp has been set, brand unit, and check it for clarity and readability.
- Operate Laser machine: Load the units onto the fixtures as specified on the work instruction Traveler. Select appropriate marking program in the software as specified on the work instruction Traveler. Brand unit and check it for clarity and readability.
- Meet minimum quality & quantity standards.
- Interact with co-workers and management in a professional manner.
- Apply acquired job skills and follow company policies, practices and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, listen, stand, and walk. Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel parts and products, and dexterity to handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 3-5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision as needed with and without the use of a magnifying lamp and microscope.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is performed indoors.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent visual capability to work with extremely small package, without magnification devices.
- Excellent manual dexterity and patience for repetitive work.
- Experience using tweezers, vacuum pencils, etc.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer experience or ability to learn.
- Must work independently and be comfortable working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Substantial understanding of the job and ability to apply knowledge and skills to complete tasks.
- Easily adapt to change in the work place.
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled