Microsemi Corporation Staff RFIC Design Engineer - SiGe/SOI/GaAs in Norcross, Georgia
Microsemi is seeking an experienced RF IC Design Engineer at our Norcross, GA location to support the development of new RF front end and power amplifier products for the WiFi and Wireless markets. We are looking for a technical leader who will exemplify teamwork and innovation. Consider joining our winning engineering product development team in Norcross, GA.
- Responsible for designing RF front-end circuit: Low-noise amplifiers, RF switches, RF couplers, RF filters, Power amplifiers, FEMs for wireless applications mainly in SiGe and SOI.
- Provides guidance and direction to RF technicians by providing the project plan, schedule and priorities.
- Responsible for management of WLAN standards and associated waveforms to ensure specification compliance
- Creates Specification to Compliance Files that define all required tests
- Drives Design Verification Test (DVT) testing and actively provides feedback to Design
- Completes the Design Scorecard and/or Customer Compliance Matrix highlighting performance deficiencies and areas that need focus
- Serves as the key interfaces to Product Engineering (PE), Characterization Engineering (CE), and Test Engineering (TE)
- Improve yield, perform occasional failure analysis, and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain and develop product datasheets, process control plans and process specifications, product travelers and engineering changes in accordance with company and customer specifications
- Generates and analyzes detailed data packages with high serial traceability, utilizing MS Excel formulas and formatting
- Work in an interdisciplinary team supporting the characterization and device validation for front end modules
- Generates supporting data and test report for correlation and verification
- Tune & optimize RF circuits such as LNAs, Switches and Power Amplifiers and their supporting circuitry
- Troubleshoots device under test
- Operates manual and automated bench test equipment (hands-on)
- The candidate must demonstrate competency to operate in a multi-disciplinary team and adhere to project schedules
- Responsible for new product engineering related activities including silicon validation, characterization, qualification and reliability testing, manufacturability study, and release to production.
- During new product development, this person will be responsible for providing validation reports, Production test limits for final silicon.
- Other duties and assignments may be required including cross training
Domestic travel of approximately 0-10%, including occasional international travel to interface with customers.
BSEE and 7 years; MSEE with 5 years; or PhD with 3 years experience in industrial and product design experience.
- Product development experience required
- Knowledge in WiFi system RF products
- Strong RFIC design experience (simulation, layout) in SiGe/SOI/GaAs process required
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with RF IC LNA/switch/filter and RF front end design required
- Must be able to debug and optimize power amplifiers and Front End Modules in the lab using standard lab equipment with experience and understanding of device and/or product characterization.
- Experience in transistor-level RF simulation techniques and verification in ADS and/or Cadence-based design flow (or equivalent tools).
- Experience with advanced EM simulation tools such as Momentum, HFSS or EMX
- Knowledge of RF test parameters and test equipment; VNA, spectrum analyzer, RF signal sources, hands-on experience in RF testing on the bench required
- Knowledge of device or product characterization required
- Background in package designing and simulation for RF product required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled