Microsemi Corporation Staff NPI Product Engineer in Penang, Malaysia
Title: Staff NPI Product Engineer
- Generate Qual Plan for new products based on JEDEC standard
- Perform Reliability Test in-house or through outsource company
- Generate Qual Report and required documents for New Product Release
- Test program integration and characterization
- Hardware design and hardware debug for robust manufacturing solution
- Own manufacturability assessment. Manufacturability Study which includes R&R studies and yield analysis
- Review FT vs QA limits
- Bench vs. ATE data correlation
- Package shift and guard-band limits analysis
- Work closely with Test Subcontractors, US Test Engineers to support and qualify Product Test Transfers to be released to production testing.
- Provide engineering production support by analyzing, monitoring and initiating actions to improve product yields and test time.
- Supports production ramp phase for NPI products in test sub-con.
- Support/perform program, test platform conversion.
- Support yield enhancement, test time reduction.
- BSEE from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3+ years of recent "hands-on" experience in Product Engineering in a semiconductor environment
- At least 3 years of recent corporate experience in Product Engineering working with Test Development Engineers to develop Test SW/ HW to collect, analyze and evaluate data on new designs at package and wafer level.
- Must have knowledge of semiconductors, statistics, analog and digital circuit theory and circuit analysis, semiconductor IC testing, and design for test techniques.
- Must have minimum level of programming skills, Programming in C/C++ is preferred.
Must be familiar with and have a minimum of 3 years experience using at least two of the following testers:
- OR experience and understanding of similar semiconductor testers.
- Proficient "hands on" knowledge and skills in using standard lab equipment for evaluation and correlation; including: Power supplies (Hewlett Packard Model 34401A, Keithley Source Meter Model 24400, Oscilloscopes (Tektronix Model TDS 3054B).
- Effective verbal and written English skills with ability to prepare and present written data reports and present results to R&D and Operations team members.
- Ability to use computer with working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience applying and understanding statistical process control (SPC) and capability analysis (CPK) to analyze data.
- Must have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled