Microsemi Corporation System Validation Design Engineer - 6186 in Roseville, California
The Data Center Solutions Division within Microsemi addresses the cloud, enterprise and server storage markets. As a System Validation Design Engineer, you will join a team of highly skilled, technical professionals in validating state-of-art System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions with embedded processors, their real-time firmware, linux and windows drivers and customer tools. You will be part of a team that delivers test planning, test case creation and test execution in a highly automated testing environment.
As a System Validation Design Engineer, you will be involved in designing, building and debugging system level hardware, firmware, drivers and software to test leading edge Integrated Circuits in their intended applications. Design work includes:
- Test Automation via in house tools using Java, BeanShell & Shell scripts.
- Linux and Windows Storage Driver development in C.
Develop, execute and document a subset of the suite of tests that will fully validate the operation of the SOC solution design. Tests will cover areas such as:
- Advanced Feature Functions
- Error Injection
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems in embedded multi-core real-time systems.
Utilize state of the art logic analysis and protocol analyzers.
Utilization of test and defect tracking tools to document and report on validation progress and product quality.
- Creation & management of system validation testing schedules and their execution.
- Isolation and resolution of complex software & firmware problems in embedded real-time systems.
Effectively present technical information to small teams of engineers.
BS/MS Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience/Knowledge of Java/C, or C++
- Strong problem solving skills, communications and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in Linux and Windows Environments and file system structures
- Experience with RAID HBA's, SAS Controllers and their associated Software Testing Strategies
- Experience in storage protocol validation (SAS, SATA, NVMe)
- Experience with protocol error tracking and injection tools. (Lecroy, Finisar, Quarch)
- Experience with Computer System I/O hierarchies and interconnects, specifically with PCI-Express protocols and infrastructure
- Experience with Storage IO Generators (IOMeter, Medusa, FIO)
- Experience troubleshooting server system hardware and networking infrastructure to root cause issues
- Knowledge of host driver architectures in Windows and Unix
- Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled