Microsemi Corporation Sales Manager, Aerospace and Defense, Western Region in San Jose, California
The Western Sales Manager, Aerospace and Defense will drives sales and sales strategy for a geographic region across product lines. Acts as a technical interface/communication conduit between the regional field sales organization and the business unit product line organization to support the achievement of regional sales goals.
- Manage a team of technical sales and sales support professionals focused on the attainment of sales revenue and design win targets within a geographic territory.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives that effectively and efficiently expand sales opportunities, increase design wins & bookings and grow market share, per company goals, across product lines primarily within assigned geography.
- Helps to design and implement sales strategies and initiatives across markets and divisions. Serves as an integral member of the company's sales management team.
- This position will have significant customer and factory interaction and channel communication.
Works closely with Microsemi's worldwide and local extended sales channel (sales reps and or distributors) along with product marketing managers to expand and grow Microsemi's key product lines.
Identify new market needs and new product opportunities. Communicate to divisional product marketing.
- Build relationships with lead distribution partners and customers in the region and throughout the designated market(s).
- Manage and drive Field Application Engineer (FAE) team in the region to focus on key opportunities and customers.
- Set, manage and drive strategic goals within the extended sales channel(sales reps and or distributors) in the region via regular meetings and quarterly business reviews.
Prepare and maintain accurate forecasts and CRM system information.
Bachelors degree with an engineering focus (BSEE preferred), or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years Sales and/or Marketing management experience with proven ability to lead and motivate direct reports within a matrix management structure.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in field sales working with a broad range of technologies such as; RF, FPGA, Analog Mix Signal sales or design. (Higher position title is commensurate with experience level in alignment with internal job structures.)
- Successful track record of sales growth and complex sales opportunity management within the Aerospace and Defense Market
- Prior work experience in a Sales and/or Marketing role supporting complex networking systems products is highly desirable.
- Technical skills that enable design in, engineering prototyping, troubleshooting and characterization are a plus.
- Proven ability to focus on customer's big picture needs and consistently achieve customer satisfaction.
- Must be self-starter and be able to initiate and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong presentation skills required - this will include experience in the design and delivery of effective sales training and customer product presentations.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Position requires frequent travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled