Microsemi Corporation Sr. Firmware Test Engineer in Shanghai, China
The Storage End-Point Business Unit within Microsemi designs NVMe controllers to enable the world's leading enterprises and data centers to realize the span of highest performing SSDs to highest capacity mainstream SSDs utilizing the latest NAND technologies.
As a Firmware Test Engineer, based in Shanghai, and reporting to the manager of firmware test, you will lead and deliver on test planning and test case creation for the Flashtec NVMe Controllers in a highly automated environment.
- Creation, development, execution, and maintenance of Storage Software & Firmware Test Plans, Test Cases, and procedures.
- Development of automated test cases.
- Development of product interoperability and system test strategies for controller products and solutions.
- Utilization of defect tracking tools to report on validation progress and product quality.
- Creation & management of firmware validation testing schedules and their execution.
- Isolation and resolution of complex software & firmware problems in embedded real-time systems.
- Assistance in the continued design, and maintenance of our state of the art systems validation & interoperability lab environment.
Driving distributed teams across multiple geographies for results.
BS/MS Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of storage validation and testing experience in software/firmware/driver/systems.
- Experience with software, firmware, and hardware testing strategies.
- Experience in storage protocol validation (i.e. NVMe).
- Experience in NAND and SSD technology.
- Experience in PCIe protocol.
- Experience with protocol analyzers, exercisers, and jammers.
- Experience troubleshooting server system hardware and networking infrastructure to root cause issues.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux file system structures.
- Knowledge of host driver architectures in Windows and Linux.
- Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written) of technical ideas.
- Experience with defect tracking tools and processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled