Microsemi Corporation Sr. Rep, Customer Service/Account Manager in Simsbury, Connecticut
Microsemi in Simsbury, Connecticut is a key business in Microsemi's Discrete and Integrated Solution Group. (DISG) The organization designs, develops and manufactures Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) devices and subsystems. SAW is a growing technology with a bright future.
We have an immediate opening for a seasoned Customer Service Representative who will be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales of Microsemi products to assigned customers and provide excellent customer service to them. Develop quotes for customer based on the customer requirements and process orders through established Microsemi internal systems. The Customer Service Representative will have an assigned customer account base. This account base consists of Key Accounts that are integral to the success of the company. Manage all aspects of these Customer Accounts to maintain and grow the business. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with external customers, operations and Microsemi Corporate. Engagement begins at the quoting phase and continues all the way through shipment of product. He or she generates customer satisfaction by clearly and completely communicating their requirements to the factory and responding to their needs for information. This Customer Service Representative will also continually improve the sales process accounting for all stakeholders' needs.
- Serves as customer primary point of contac
- Manages quoting process including coordinating with program managers, engineers and finance to determine quote price.
- Coordinates with engineers and production managers to determine delivery dates and negotiates delivery dates with customer when need arises.
- Enters orders into ERP system
- Provide direction to order processing representative
- Responds to customer needs, such as status inquiries, requests for compliance information, etc.
- Track projects, programs, samples and quotations for assigned customers.
- Forecast bookings and revenue by month/quarter and by product line for assigned customer base
- Analyzes contractual requirements including: special provisions, quality clauses and terms and conditions for consistency with factory run and then collaborates with Corporate Legal for contract approval.
- Continuously track and update opportunities in the CRM system.
- Manage the quote follow-up process, including identifying and tracking new OEM & Partner quotes as well as leading quote follow-up review meetings with Field Sales, Quotation Center and other organizations as applicable
- Manage market intelligence based on information from Customers, Reps and field sales personnel
- Collaborate with Outside Sales, Strategic Marketing, and Business Functions to identify new opportunities and ensure the sales pipeline is continued.
Work on other special projects and other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's degree majoring in Business Management or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar role
- Proficiency in reviewing purchase orders and associated documents
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing client accounts and building relationships with customers/
- Experience using an ERP or MRP system
- Strong interpersonal communications skills including the ability to listen, negotiate, give constructive feedback and receive feedback.
- Strong conflict resolution skills with both internal teams and customers.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead virtual and in-person meetings.
- Proficient with related software tools including but not limited to MS Project, MS Access, MS Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, etc.
US Citizenship/Permanent US Residency requirements as outlined below:
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
- Active security clearance or ability to eventually obtain a security clearance
- Electronics manufacturing environment experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled